We are told to correct our postures at school, college or by the elders so that we maintain a good physical health. There are some of us who slump or naturally tend to sit or stand in a bad posture that can put unnecessary pressure on our back.
But there are also few of us for whom bad posture becomes an inevitable part of the daily routine due to our jobs. Sitting for hours in front of the system or standing etc can actually tire down the back. Especially, women struggle a lot and they may need to use the best posture corrector for women available in the market to address their issues.
So, how can women decide which posture corrector will be right for them? When planning to buy a posture corrector or posture brace, women should consider many things such as:
The material used can range from nylon, spandex, high quality rubber or even polyurethane etc. Different brands use different materials for making the posture corrector. At times, women can also look for posture braces that have a combination of materials for extra comfort and convenience.
The next factor of consideration is the suitable size that can fit you comfortably. The posture corrector brace comes with various sizes like small, medium, large or extra large to fit your body perfectly. However, women should also know that there are many brands out there in the market that sell free size posture braces that can fit everyone.
Unisex posture braces
Most of the posture correctors that are available in the market today fall into the ‘unisex’ category allowing men and women to use the same brace. However, as per convenience women can choose posture braces designed specifically for them.
Posture braces come in several designs. There are those that can be worn comfortably on top of any dress. Many of the posture correctors are also designed for using under the cloths. In fact, women prefer to wear the posture brace under the dress for convenience.
Now, with wearable technology dominating the consumer market certain posture braces also have features like posture reminders/alerts (when a person fails to hold a good posture). Few high-end posture correctors come with calorie counting/step counting feature.
The comparison chart for all the three posture braces
Which one is right for you?
|Product Features||Product Name||Product Name||Product Name|
|Oppo Medical Elastic Posture Aid(Unisex and Natural Clavicle Brace)||Neo G Medical Grade Dorsolumbar Lower/Mid/Upper Back Support-Medium 70-85cm||Posture Corrective Brace- Beige 22”-46”|
|The Good||It is made of a soft and comfortable fabric.
The flesh color does not show under the garments and goes with most of the skin tones.
The back brace has a nice snug fit that has helped many buyers in alleviating back pain.
The posture corrector is very thin and can be worn any time as it is not bulky.
Thanks to the back brace snug fit, people who work desk jobs or who have shoulder pain can benefit from this product.
|Buyers get to use two types of stays, one in metal and the other in plastic so that they can easily support their back as they need.
The material used is very soft and comforting.
It has lower back padding for extra cushioning.
The Velcro straps are convenient to use and adjust.
Many buyers swear by the effect of this brace on their lower and mid back.
It is also effective to correct shoulder slouch.
The Velcro straps are firm and holds up well to provide good support
It has no metal stays or piece in the straps which can be comforting to many people
|The buyer should refer to the size metrics or else size selection could be difficult.
Since it has a back brace with snug fit when worn for long hours many people experience discomfort in under arm area.
|The under arm cushioning could have been better because when worn for longer duration, it can irritate the delicate under arm skin.
Sizes are not easy to choose from as a petite lady might need to order for an XL or large.
Though it’s good for the lower back ache, the device can irritate the skin in neck area (if the brace is worn on bare skin).
It is not that light. It is moderately heavy and people may not be able to wear it for longer duration.
|It is bit bulky and may not be hidden under tight cloths.
One size fits all is nice but it may not be ideal for people with small frame.
Many buyers complain about under arm strap that seem to put pressure when worn for long hors.
|Ideal For||Those who do not want to spend much but want a nice posture corrector.
People who wish to wear a posture corrector under light colored or tight fitting cloths.
|Relief from back aches in the upper or mid-back area.
It is also effective for correcting slouch/round shoulders.
|People on a budget.
Effective posture correction during while using the device and also afterwards.
In this buying guide we are reviewing the 3 of the best poster corrector for women with detailed comparison on price, features, qualities and description so that the readers can easily make their decision to buy the best posture corrector brace. Here are the short reviews of the three best products:
- Suitable for shoulder slump and bad posture correction
- Good hook that can be adjustable with loop closure to ensure snug fit
- Designed to facilitate the wearer to carry on with everyday tasks without discomfort
- Comes in flesh color tone, suitable for wearing under light colored cloths
- Available in various sizes like X-small, Small, medium snug fit, large and extra large snug fit sizes
- Prescribed for collar bone or joint alignment for fractures and health concerns of round shoulders
- It can be used by both men and women
Oppo Medical Elastic Posture Aid is a good basic posture brace with many of the good features. Even though the under arm cushioning can exert pressure on the delicate under arm skin, people can put the brace over their attire to combat the discomfort.
The flesh tone color is a good choice for any ethnic skin tone or men and women.
Some buyers complain about size adjustments. But, if the instructions to measure your size are followed correctly, it is not difficult to buy the suitable size.
It is good value for money and an inexpensive, basic posture corrector that works.
- Designed for comfort with snug fit, adjustable straps.
- Comfort arm pads and light material is used so that it can be worn for longer hours
- Approved from and registered with Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency, UK
- It has a quality seal from Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency, UK as Class 1 Medical Device
- Available in various sizes ranging from small, medium, large and extra-large
- It can be used by children(fits12 years of age), women and men
- It is beneficial to correct postures in case of round/slump shoulders, early thoracic Kyphosis and pre/post operative rehabilitation support.
Neo G Medical Grade Dorsolumbar Lower/Mid/Upper Back Support Medium 70-80 cm is a device that has an approval seal from the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency, UK.
It is one of the best posture corrector rounded shoulders. Many people hail the product for instant relief from the back pain in low/mid/upper back area.
However, it is not light in weight and some people may feel the product is moderately heavy.
Another concern with this product that many customers feel is the skin irritation in the nape area due to the straps. This issue can be combated by wearing the posture corrector on a turtleneck T or a full neck Jacket.
- Extremely soft straps that are non-elastic in nature
- Adjustable strap with an option to either increase or decrease the support as per requirement
- Special cloth protection(Terry cloth) to prevent back sweat
- The device is made of blended material consisting of Polyester (60%), Rubber (17%), Nylon (15%) and Cotton (8%)
- Easy to manage as the product can be washed in tepid water with a mild detergent
- It comes in free size(one size fits for all)
Posture Corrective Brace- beige 22”-46” is a “one size fits all” posture corrector that comes in a beige color.
Many people find the material used in this device as very comfortable to wear. The product also gives almost an instant lift to from the slouch position of the back. It is also known for providing effective and instant support to keep the back straight.
However, when the person who is wearing this product slouches he might experience pain and discomfort. The discomfort of wearing it for long hours is one of the ‘downer’ for people who wish to buy this product.
But with subsequent uses the straps fit better reducing the discomfort. For under arm discomfort due to strap, people can wear it on a dress or use extra cushioning under the arms.
Another thing to remember about this product is that though it is unisex, it cannot fit everybody especially, people who are small as it would fit loosely on them.
Overall it is one of best back posture corrector that is also inexpensive.
Below is the detailed comparison of all the three products that focuses on good and bad features, quality, price and most importantly the comfort that each of the product promises to offer to its buyers.
Tips to buy the best posture corrector brace
- Design, style and comfort should be chosen only as per one’s own requirement. When it comes to comfort it is better to follow the manufacturer’s instructions to use the brace. Most of the posture corrector braces are not comfortable when the person who is wearing one of the braces exercises or lifts heavy objects.
- Most of the people prefer hiding the posture corrector brace and while buying one, it is better to consider the color, design and weight of the brace.
- It is not advisable to sleep while wearing the brace. And the basic posture corrector braces cannot be expected to be comfortable if a person wears them while he or she is sleeping
- Do give time to decide on the size of the brace. The chest measurement should be taken before deciding on buying a brace.
- If the braces are used frequently or daily, there are chances that over few months of regular usage the elasticity may tire down. In that case it should be replaced for a new device.
- Should women really need posture corrector braces? The answer is a definitive yes. The braces are good for women who experience continuous back aches and discomfort.
- It is better to take some time to compare the products to buy the best posture corrector for women. One person may feel comfortable and someone else may feel discomfort about the same product.
- Some posture correctors may cause pain when the person wearing the device slumps or sits in a bad posture. That doesn’t mean the device is badly made. It is just a gentle reminder to sit straight. However, comfort while wearing the device in general is a top priority for buying the best.